A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Tobson's Wish List: Mika for France

Five years ago, Mika was an international pop smash with his very own mixture of styles and sounds. At some point, around hit singles as "Relax (Take It Easy" and "Grace Kelly", he was quoted as saying he'd love to go to Eurovision at some point. For his country of birth, Lebanon.

Maybe it was a joke. Maybe he thought it was safe saying so as Lebanon is quite unlikely to enter. I can't even remember what magazine asked the question, whether it is the least bit reliable.

But I think Mika would be great for Eurovision - an established pop act, whose runner-up album didn't quite affect the charts the way it was intended to.

Especially as he recently released his first ever French-languaged single, and French television has made it a thing of their own to walk their own original ways, he would be an excellent representative for France.

He is just as international and multi-cultured as French society in itself, and despite being renowned for heavy ballads, the French have always had a soft spot for bubbly pop à la chewing-gum.

The presence of Mika would surely make Baku a livelier place come May. I say go for it. I say danse! danse! danse! (And if he would bring Fanny Ardant - leading lady in this clip - to Baku, I would promise him my personal 12 points on the spot.)



Mika - Elle me dit

No comments:

Post a Comment