A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bad Draw Day: Romania 2008

Very much the same case as Finland 2011 - a ballad that stood out as very attractive in its semi-final and counted as one of the pre-contest favourites. A classy little bilingual Italian-style song, where pseudo-classical singing meets up with a pop voice in close harmony.

This is the kind of song that is designed to come as a healthy break after loads of dancing and singing and uptempo and Finnish bare-chested rock groups. Performing first on the night can never do it any favours, regardless of how well you sing.



Nicola & Vlad - Pe-o margine di lume (Romania 2008)

1 comment:

  1. I hated every bit of this song and I disliked her voice! If compared to Paula Seling&Provincialii Seven Days, Nicola&Vlad were weaker, in my opinion... So, no surprise for me this didn't work that well. Hogla

    ReplyDelete