A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ESC 2014: all my reviews in one place


Once again the Eurovision Song Contest is upon us - next week we will know who qualifies for the big final and ultimately who carries off the trophy as well as the honour of hosting next year's event.

In many ways, this feels like an exciting and interesting year with many good and original songs. What is perhaps lacking are the obvious contenders, but that hopefully means we will have a tight and entertaining voting sequence with a close finish.

I spent the last month reviewing all the participating songs - perhaps I already had the time to change my mind here and there - but before I start trying to foresee any results for real I'd like to collect this year's reviews in one place, just like I did last year.

Semi 1:
ArmeniaLatviaEstoniaSwedenIcelandAlbaniaRussiaAzerbaijanUkraineBelgiumMoldovaSan MarinoPortugalNetherlandsMontenegroHungary

Semi 2:
MaltaIsraelNorwayGeorgiaPolandAustriaLithuaniaFinlandIrelandBelarusFYR MacedoniaSwitzerlandGreeceSloveniaRomania

Final:
FranceGermanyItalySpainUnited KingdomDenmark

Enjoy them all, read them, agree, disagree, comment. Next week is when the action starts for real. And until then, let's spend the time waiting together.


No comments:

Post a Comment