A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Semi 2: 07 Lithuania


You would not believe how hard I tried to get my head around the Lithuanian entry. I listened and listened again but can't decide whether I like it or not. This is probably not a good thing.



Vilija Matačiūnaitė - Attention (Lithuania 2014)

It has grown on me, I have to give it as much. The first version I heard - a demo by another singer than Vilija - was nothing short of a disaster. Uncharming, unsexy, unmelodic.

Vilija co-wrote the song and has another understanding how to make it work. She sings it well and gives it a bouncy and energetic performance together with dancer Sarunas Kirdeikis, who already went to Eurovision with InCulto in 2010.

Together they make this song seem a lot better than it really is.

Qualifier: It very much depends. If the viewers pay more attention to the performance than the actual song, they are in with a chance. But otherwise no.

My grade: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment