A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Semi 2: 11 FYR Macedonia


Yes yes, this is a song contest and only the songs should count and everything else should be secondary. But you try eating a delicious dish served directly on the floor and then argue presentation is of no importance.



Tijana - To The Sky (FYR Macedonia 2014)

Presentation does matter and the first preview version - a very lacklustre playback performance in a tv-studio - was such a mess that I couldn't even listen properly and thought this was a bad song that would stand no chance.

Then I listened again - with my eyes closed - and suddenly heard a good hook and a powerful chorus. All I lack is a little bit of a climax, but it still sounds like a radio hit.

So the big question remains: what will this look like on stage in Copenhagen? Will the show help lift the song or will it ruin every chance there is?

Qualifier: Yes. A song of this calibre should make it to the final. But if the performance turns into a hot mess all hope is lost.

My grade: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment