A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Monday, May 11, 2015

King Loïc of Belgium

Today the rehearsals started in Vienna and I decided to pull the same stunt as I've done for the last two years, following the contest from home instead of on location: I don't watch rehearsal videos.

However, I had to make a tiny exception to see what Team Belgium were up to. Some reports said their rehearsal was very good, some said it was very shaky. Business as usual, first rehearsal reports often reflect expectation more than actual performance.

Also - a first rehearsal is just that. A first encounter with the cameras, where angles are more important than perfect notes.

A thirty second clip with no real camera work doesn't leave any substantial clues at what the song will be like, but I choose to think Loïc will impress come Tuesday and the first semi.

He's growing on me more and more, this young talent. So creative, so bursting full of ideas. I was really knocked over by the really arty dance performance clip to his Eurovision entry that he not only starred in but also directed and designed the outfits for. Wow.

Unfortunately, Eurovision isn't always the best place for talent like that. If you are too ambitious people might snigger and make fun of you. Who does he think he is and that line of thinking.

I think he's the king, arguably the most promising and intriguing performer of all forty acts this year. I'm very much looking forward to what he will come up with in the future.

And I'm also waiting for Europe to make sense and vote Belgium into the final on May 19.



Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside Official Dance Clip (Belgium 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment