A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Semi 2: 16 Slovenia

Sometimes it is so easy to deceive yourself when you try to predict the results in the ESC. Sometimes you just want something so much that you will believe almost anything. And I would really really want Slovenia to have some success now.

I have always had a soft spot for them ever since they made their debut as an independent country and some years I really thought they had their big time coming. And every time I was left a tiny bit disappointed afterwards.

This is all just in my defence in case Slovenia would happen to crash and burn in Vienna but I really think they are on to something. In this line-up, their entry stands out as pretty contemporary and has quite a few things to distinguish it from the rest. The piano part, the violin. The dancer doing an air-violin routine.

Even the headphones. I don't know if it is peculiar or plain silly but neither will anyone else and they will stay in people's minds. And then the chorus is really rather good too.

Qualifier:
Yes. That's a no-brainer. The question is how far it will carry in the final. I have a feeling in my old bones that this could result in Slovenia's best placing to date, but I've been wrong before.

My grade: 4/5



Maraaya - Here For You (Slovenia 2015)

1 comment:

  1. Stylish indeed. I picture skin-tight black dresses with a coloured fringe; dancers making arms flail from side to side to the beats. In other words, staging will decide if I like it or not.

    Radio hit for sure, and it pulls me in.

    ReplyDelete