A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Final: France / J'ai cherché


When I first heard the French entry - a day or two before it was officially confirmed - I remember thinking to myself it wasn't anything like what I had expected. It sounded contemporary and fresh. Like a hit. Perhaps even like a winner.

Then I started thinking. We've been here before. I had a flashback to Baku where I was convinced Anggun would be a potential winner until what could possibly qualify as one of the worst stagings ever ruined her chances and left her with a big fat zero in the televote.

I spend my time feeling torn between the hit factor of the song and my fear that the French will mess it up big time again. And at first I had doubts whether Amir would be charming and vibrant enough to pull this off at all.

Potential winner:
Yes. In case everything falls into place regarding singing and performance and if France would be lucky enough to get a good spot in the second half of the running order... Then it could be next stop Paris indeed. But I keep the grade down a bit until I've seen the final performance.

My grade: 4/5



Amir / J'ai cherché (France 2016 preview clip)

2 comments:

  1. I think the French delegation knows this time that they have a potential winner in their hands so they'll look into every detail regarding the staging. They just can't let this slide away. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right but that was what I thought in 2012 as well. At least there is an entirely new French team at the wheels this time, there is still hope.

      Delete